After adding an optimized page to your website or post to your blog, Google and other search engines will “index” it. After that, it will be found in the organic search results.
You can improve your content visibility and SEO by doing things outside of your website/blog. This is exactly what internet marketing services will do for you and your business if you sign on with one.
The tips below are a good starting point for promoting your website and its content.
- For blogs, setup the Authorship options in Google+.
- Have a clear byline in each blog post.
- Create a Google+ profile.
- Follow the instructions to link your content to Google using a verified email address.
- Find details about Google Authorship options here.
Set up social media profiles that make sense for your business:
- Facebook page and profile
- LinkedIn profiles and groups
- Twitter account
- Pinterest or Instagram for photos
- Post to each social media and link to content when something is new (blog post, sale) or you have an announcement.
- Start conversations to share ideas.
- Use a social media management tool like HootSuite.
- Add more flexible social media sharing to your blog posts (AddThis.com).
*all these here are able to be outsourced. See this best Cincinnati company.
Social Bookmarking websites
Use social bookmarking to share links to your posts and pages. Here are some popular sites:
- Tumblr.com (share excerpts from blogs)
Get comments on your own blog and participate in the conversation
- To get the conversation going, ask people (friends/customers) to comment
- Ask a question at the end of blog posts to entice people to share thoughts on a topic
- Reply when people comment
- Always moderate comments to eliminate spam from automatically showing on your blog
- Participate in Forums and Comment on blogs in your niche
- Leave meaningful comments that add to the conversation or ask questions
- Set up profiles with a link back to your blog
- Look into using a Disqus.com profile
Join industry or local organizations
Choose organizations that relate to your web/blog content:
- Better Business Bureau
- Chamber of Commerce
- Industry Associations
- Create profiles that link back to your blog and website.